5 Steps for a Simple Home Cleanse
1. Eat Clean. Spend 1 – 3 days eating fresh, organic whole foods. Eliminate all animal products, processed foods, sugar, gluten, caffeine and alcohol. Eat plenty of leafy greens (need ideas download my Eat Green ebook), drink plenty of water, green smoothies, fresh juices and warm ginger tea. Load up on fresh fruits and veggies, whole (non-gluten grains) and lentils.
2. Eat Kitchari. Following your 1 – 3 days of clean eating eat kitchari for 3 days. This Ayurvedic super food is deeply cleansing, nourishing and easy to digest. It’s made from rice, dal, ghee, veggies and spices.
3. Hydrate. Especially during cleansing, drink plenty of water (no ice) and warm herbal and detox teas.
4. Take a Media Cleanse. If stress and overwhelm are part or your accumulated toxins give yourself a break from TV, texting, emails and social media. Consider observing a media free cleanse from 7 pm – 7 am.
5. Rest Well. Honor the fact that your body needs to rest and recover. With the TV turned off take an evening bath, sip herbal tea, read some light material and have yourself in bed by 10 pm and rise by 6 am.