The herbs used in ayurvedic medicine for preventing & treating stretch marks are:
- Neem: It reduces the stretch marks.
- Tulasi: Holy Basil prevents scars and stretch marks caused during pregnancy. A decoction of Tulasi leaves takes care of the skin.
- Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera gel on the stretch marks or any other scars. It is effective in curing such marks.
- Brahmi: This herb is used as one of the main ingredients in cosmetic products for healing stretch marks. It also takes care of other skin problems.
- Manjishtha: This herb is used in Ayurveda in treating the skin problems like stretch marks and also prevents skin ulcers.
- Amla: It has rich source of Vitamin C which is good for healthy skin. Regular intake of Amla will help to have a good skin texture.
- Shwet Chandanam: Apply the paste this herb (White Sandalwood) on the stomach during pregnancy. Its cooling effect protects the skin from stretching.
- Turmeric: It is very good for skin. It nourishes the skin giving it a healthy natural glow. It prevents many skin problems and reduces the inflammation of skin. Regular use of turmeric on skin can reduce stretch marks and provide a natural toning of the skin.